How do I transfer Mid Michigan College credits to another college/university?

Option 1: National Student Clearinghouse eTranscript

Use this option if you need or want to send a digital PDF file transcript to a recipient, or if you have a short period of time in which your transcript must be received. The National Student Clearinghouse charges $2.90 for an electronic transcript sent to a participating NSC institution, or $3.90 to send to any email address (including your own) that you specify. This method also allows you to receive updates regarding the production, transmission, and receipt of your digital transcript. NSC does not provide printed Mid Michigan College transcripts.

You need to provide either your Social Security Number or your Mid Michigan College Student ID Number to use this method. If Mid Michigan College does not have your SSN on file, or if you cannot recall your ID number, you need to use the print transcript method or contact Registration & Records at Mid for further review by emailing

This option requires that you have a major credit or debit card. Your credit or debit card is not charged until your transcript is sent. However, if you use a debit card, your bank may put a hold on your funds during pre-authorization of your payment. If you have questions about pre-authorization, contact your banking institution. Order updates are sent to you via email and, if you choose, via text message. You can also track your transcript order online through the NSC website.

Additionally, if you would like the Michigan Transfer Agreement certification included on your transcript, you will need to request a review before requesting your transcript.

Steps for Requesting Your College eTranscript (Option 1)

  1. Enter Mid Michigan College as the school you are requesting transcripts from.
  2. Enter your personal information then click continue.
  3. On the Recipient screen, select the type of recipient (self, college, employer, etc.).
    • You will enter the specific destination information in a few steps.
  4. Select the delivery method and click continue.
  5. On the Recipient Delivery Information screen, enter the specific destination for your transcript.
    • Note: If you provide your email address as the destination the transcript will go to you and not to a 3rd party, so only enter your email address if you want your transcript sent to you.
  6. Click Add to Cart.
  7. Verify the information and click Checkout.
  8. Sign and provide your payment information.
  9. Submit your order.

Request Your Mid Transcript/E-Transcript

Option 2: Free Printed Transcript

Use this option if you want a printed transcript or if you do not wish to incur any fees. Mid Michigan College handles all print requests for no charge but does not provide electronic versions of transcripts, fax transcripts, or use overnight or expedited delivery services for printed transcripts. Printed transcripts are sent to a postal address or may be picked up at either the Harrison or Mt. Pleasant Campuses with a valid photo identification. We can confirm a mailing date for you, but cannot provide information regarding progress through the postal system or arrival at the destination.

Most transcripts requested through this method are mailed out within 3-5 business days; that time may be extended during peak registration activity surrounding the start of a semester.

NOTE: For student privacy reasons, transcript requests cannot be placed by phone. Transcripts sent outside of the United States require an additional fee.

Request A Free Transcript

Pre-1985 Coursework

If you were a student and attended prior to 1985 contact Registration & Records by emailing to make sure that you are in the electronic database. If a record cannot be found, our team can reconstruct your transcript from our legacy system. The reconstruction of your transcript may take 7-10 business days.

What is the Difference Between Official and Unofficial Transcripts?

  • Official Transcripts are sent directly to a college, university, employer, State or Federal agency, etc.
  • Student Transcripts are for a student's personal or general use, bear the stamp "Student Copy", and they may be sent directly to the student.

Transcripts are not issued for students with outstanding financial obligations to Mid Michigan College. Student records are confidential. Therefore, transcripts are issued only at the verified request of the student or appropriate institutions and officials or via Self-Service. Phone or email requests are not processed.

Michigan Transfer Agreement

If you need to obtain a Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) endorsement, contact Registration & Records. The MTA allows for the transfer of 30 credits of core general education courses from a Michigan community college to a Michigan baccalaureate college or university. Students/Alumni may complete the MTA as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone endorsement if at least one course has been taken after fall 2014. 


Students who want their transcript reviewed for MTA eligibility will need to fill out the request form linked below. Registration & Records will review your transcript and apply the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) endorsement if applicable. This process could take 3-5 business days during our peak enrollment periods. 

Students who took courses prior to the fall 2014 semester may be eligible for the MACRAO (Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers) endorsement, which is similar to MTA but not accepted by as many Michigan colleges and universities.

Request MTA Transcript Review

Registration & Records

Kristin Simon


Call (989) 386-6659 

Harrison Campus

  • Room 104

Mt. Pleasant Campus

  • CSS 142