Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A
Five Weeks to Licensure
This spring, Mid Michigan Community College will offer a session of Truck Driving Training. Successful completion of 240-hour course and its associated written and driving exams provides CDL Class A licensure.
Students will learn the key functions of vehicle systems, safety protocols, and Federal and State regulations and requirements and practice vehicle handling and operation in both range and street conditions.
The next upcoming session is set to run in late-March or early-April. Schedule will be posted soon
Training runs five days a week for five weeks: Monday - Friday, 8:00am -5:30pm.
In Mt. Pleasant at MMCC's Morey Technical Education Center.
2600 S Summerton Rd,
Mt. Pleasant, MI
CDL A Course Description
5 Weeks as Follows:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
All applicants must:
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Have a Social Security Card
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to obtain a Temporary Instruction Permit from the Secretary of State
- Complete and pass the DOT Physical
- Submit to and pass a pre-enrollment drug screen, as well as random screenings
- Have the ability to read, white and speak the English language
- Complete an Enrollment Agreement
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
How much does it cost?
Currently, the Program fee is $4,300. But these costs may be significantly or completely offset through MI Works! Assistance programs. Contact your local Michigan Works! office or MMCC to learn more about whether you might qualify.
No refunds will be offered once the program has started.
We assist successful graduates whenever possible, though we cannot guarantee job placement.
Download Materials and Learn More
For more information, please see our Program Brochure (v.July1-2016).
For more information, complete the info form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989)386-6614.