First Flight at The Heron's Nest Disc Golf Tournament
Join us at Mid Michigan College's First Flight at the Heron's Nest Disc Golf Tournament! The event is open to the public and free of charge for spectators of all ages.
9am - 4pm Saturday, April 9, 2022
Mid Michigan College | Harrison Campus | Poet Family Outdoor Education Center
- 9am-9:45am Registration/Check-in
- Must check-in no later than 9:45am, even if you are pre-registered, or you forfeit your spot in the tournament.
- 10am Tournament Start
- Noon - 2pm Lunch
- Everyone is invited to purchase lunch from Bubba-Q food truck - don't miss your chance to enjoy a delicious meal with tournament participants!
- Spectators are welcome to explore the course and throw a couple of holes during this time as well.
- 1pm Awards
- 2pm Grand Opening Celebration
- Ribbon Cutting
- Disc Golf Clinic
- Play with Disc Golf Experts
- This is a bring-your-own-partner (BYOP) doubles 1-round event.
- 2 Divisions | Costs are per team.
- Pro Doubles $60 | One player per team must be rated over 974
- Am Doubles $40 | Neither player per team can be rated over 974
- 75% of entry fees will be paid out in awards, with the remaining 25% supporting the Mid Michigan College Trail Maintenance Fund.
- Cash payouts are awarded to the top 45% of each division.
General Course Information
- Mid's Disc Golf Course is open to the public free of charge and a fun experience for all ages. There may be select times when the course is unavailable due to events or campus closures.
Questions? Feedback? Contact Annette Sturdavant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6651.
Mid is an alcohol, drug, and tobacco-free campus.
Registered participants must comply with the following waiver: In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I for myself, my executors, administrators and assignees, do hereby release and discharge Mid Michigan College, Mid employees and any other sponsors, for all claims of damages or actions whatsoever in any manner arising or growing out of my participation, or which may arise out of traveling to and returning from said athletic event. I attest and verify that I fully acknowledge of all risks (contact with other participants, weather conditions, course condition, etc.) involved in this event and I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event. Please note that by registering as a participant, you are allowing our photographers and/or the general media the right to photograph you and use the photos for promotional purposes deemed appropriate by Mid.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS
From US-127 take Mannsiding Road exit. Go east on Mannsiding Road, turn left at Clare Avenue (stop sign) and continue 1/2 mile straight to Mid's Main Entrance on Clare Avenue (first right).
Parking is free. Enter via the Clare Avenue Entrance, and continue along the main drive until you see signage for the Poet Family Outdoor Education Center on your left.
Clare County Convention & Visitors Bureau Website (800) 715-3550