First, Fill Out Your FAFSA.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process.

This application can be submitted online or by mailing a paper FAFSA directly to the federal processor. Mid's School Code for the FAFSA is 006768.

What is Verification?

Once a student’s financial aid has been completely processed they may charge their tuition, fees, and books against eligible financial aid. Some types of federal and state financial aid funds are limited. Mid students who apply by April 1 will be given priority when those funds are offered by Mid. Students selected for verification may be required to submit documents to Mid's Financial Aid team.

For those students, Mid must compare the information from the FAFSA to the applicable tax forms and other required documents. Financial aid will not be offered until all required documents are provided. If it is determined that additional documents are required, financial aid previously offered may be canceled. Falsification of income information submitted for the purpose of receiving financial assistance will result in the cancellation of all future assistance and repayment of all previously offered financial aid. If federal and/or state funds are involved, the appropriate government agencies will be notified including the U.S. Department of Education, Michigan Higher Education Assistance Authority, and/or the Office of Inspector General.

Additional Information

This employment program provides jobs for students with financial need to help meet college expenses. Various positions are available at the Mt. Pleasant and Harrison Campuses as well as off-campus locations. There are several opportunities available such as clerical, custodial, food service, computer services, bookstore, and library. You will receive an email notifying you of your eligibility once your application has been reviewed. An approved application does not guarantee a job and employment is dependent upon the availability of positions.

To be eligible each year you must

If you are hired for a work-study position

  • Funds are earned on a bi-weekly basis
  • Funds cannot be used to charge tuition, fees, or books

Learn More About Student Employment

Transferring to Mid

Financial aid awards DO NOT automatically transfer between schools. You can only receive financial aid at one school per semester.

There are two ways to add Mid's school code to your FAFSA:

1. Go to your FAFSA and make a correction. Add Mid's school code of 006768 to your list of schools.

2. Or, call (800) 433-3243 and request that Mid's school code be added to your list of schools. You will need your Data Release Number (DRN) which is located on the bottom left corner of your Student Aid Report (SAR).

You may be selected for verification after adding Mid to your FAFSA. This may require submitting additional documents such as tax forms to our financial aid office and can add additional processing time.

Note: Guest students are not eligible for financial aid.

Regarding Student Loans when Transferring

Student loans DO NOT transfer from one school to another. In addition to filing the FAFSA, you may apply for any remaining federal student loan amounts you are eligible for on our loans page. Any loan funds you received this school year at other schools will be calculated into your maximum allowance. Maximum loan amounts per school year are as follows:

  • Dependent Freshmen (under 24 credits) $5500/year
  • Dependent Sophomores (over 24 credits) $6500/year
  • Independent Freshman (under 24 credits) $9500/year
  • Independent Sophomore (over 24 credits) $10500/year

We are dedicated to providing outstanding services to help veterans, service members, or eligible family members of disabled veterans achieve their academic and personal goals.

Mid's Financial Aid team is the certifying office and is available to assist with any questions regarding VA Educational Benefits.

Visit Mid's Student-Veteran Resources Area for More Information