College is better with an ally. We've got you covered.
TRIO-SSS is a program designed to help students Achieve their Maximum Potential at Mid Michigan College.
If you are interested in amping up your college experience--completing college faster and more affordably, connecting to a meaningful career or transferring seamlessly to another college or university--we've got you covered. We can help you complete your degree by removing barriers that you may encounter along the way.
- Academic advising and scheduling
- College success
- Financial return on investment
- Career exploration and preparation
- Professional development
- Your experience here at Mid
TRIO-SSS can make college simpler by connecting you to people who can help. Whether you need assistance with juggling life's demands, college coursework, or you want to connect with other students and exciting opportunities, we've got you covered.
What do students say about TRIO-SSS?
"Without your support and confidence, this semester of success that I have had would not be possible. Thank you so much."
"I am so very thankful for TRIO while starting here at Mid."
"TRIO is very helpful! I have recommended this to many students and will continue to do so."
"TRIO is a great group to participate in! It is very beneficial and they help you with managing your schedule and classes. The people running the group are there for you no matter what. This group is an intricate web of people that have formed a family. I recommend joining."
Participants select what services they take advantage of and to what degree they are involved. But, here are a few services offered:
- A success coach who acts as a single point of contact for any question. We try to make it easy to get answers by taking out the guesswork. One person. One phone call. You can get information on everything from setting up tutoring to creating a budget and selecting your classes.
- Help with financial aid, managing your money, and minimizing your loan debt through scholarship search assistance and the possibility of spring semester grant aid for those who qualify.
- Free events and workshops to enhance and strengthen you as a student, an employee, and as a leader.
- Individualized academic planning and career guidance--including job shadowing, career prep, and transfer assistance.
- A free success strategy course.
- A network of peers and an opportunity to meet other Mid students.
We are looking for students who are committed to education and want to achieve their highest potential.
You must be one or more of the following:
- A low-income student
- A student with neither parent having a bachelor degree
- A student with a documented disability
Fill out the short form below, and we'll be in touch soon!