College is better with an ally. We've got you covered.
TRIO-SSS is a program designed to help students Achieve their Maximum Potential at Mid Michigan College.
If you are interested in amping up your college experience--completing college faster and more affordably, connecting to a meaningful career or transferring seamlessly to another college or university--we've got you covered. We can help you complete your degree by removing barriers that you may encounter along the way.
- Academic advising and scheduling
- College success
- Financial return on investment
- Career exploration and preparation
- Professional development
- Your experience here at Mid
TRIO-SSS can make college simpler by connecting you to people who can help. Whether you need assistance with juggling life's demands, college coursework, or you want to connect with other students and exciting opportunities, we've got you covered.
What do students say about TRIO-SSS?
"I definitely think that so far TRIO is an amazing program helping students get through college! The times have been hard lately and everyone needs a little boost and happiness in their lives, TRIO makes you feel like a small family and helps guide you throughout your mid college life! What a great way to get students involved and noticed! TRIO is awesome, and the leaders are even better!"
"I came from a small town and TRIO gave me the chance to see more than just what my small town offered. I was able to visit any college I wanted in Michigan. I was able to even see colleges in Chicago and New York. This program helped me not only choose my degree and university, but also supported me through that journey and my own personal journeys."
"My first year with Mid I did not understand the college "lingo". I was just going with the flow but I really had no idea what I was doing and I felt lost. Now that I have been a part of the TRIO program they have helped me understand what I need to do to get where I want to be."
Participants select what services they take advantage of and to what degree they are involved. But, here are a few services offered:
- A success coach who acts as a single point of contact for any question. We try to make it easy to get answers by taking out the guesswork. One person. One phone call. You can get information on everything from setting up tutoring to creating a budget and selecting your classes.
- Help with financial aid, managing your money, and minimizing your loan debt through scholarship search assistance and the possibility of spring semester grant aid for those who qualify.
- Free events and workshops to enhance and strengthen you as a student, an employee, and as a leader.
- Individualized academic planning and career guidance--including job shadowing, career prep, and transfer assistance.
- A free success strategy course.
- A network of peers and an opportunity to meet other Mid students.
We are looking for students who are committed to education and want to achieve their highest potential.
You must be one or more of the following:
- A low-income student
- A student whose parent(s)/guardian(s) do not hold a bachelor's degree
- A student with a documented disability