Applying for VA Benefits
You must submit an application for VA education benefits at the Veterans Online Application Website.
IMPORTANT: Please retain a copy of your application for your own records.
Process for Certification of Eligibility
- When education benefits are approved, a copy of the certificate of eligibility will be located in the veteran's/sponsor's eBenefits account. This will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks. This certificate is issued only once, and it will indicate the number of months of eligibility. A copy of this notification must be provided to your Certifying Official.
- You must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. Upon completion of verification of enrollment, classes will be certified and sent electronically to the VA Office.
- If you are a guest student at Mid requesting VA certification, your home school must complete and forward a parent institution letter to Mid indicating that the courses you are taking at Mid Michigan College will satisfy the degree requirements at their school.
- If you are transferring to Mid Michigan College and are already receiving your VA benefits, contact Mid's Veteran Resource team for assistance.
Self-Verification of Enrollment
- Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify their enrollment monthly, on the last day of the month utilizing the WAVE verification below. Payments will not be sent until this is done.
- Verify online (preferred) through Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE). Students must be currently enrolled in an approved educational program and must have a current benefit award to use WAVE.
- Verify by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 877-823-2378
- Chapter 33 students must verify their enrollment monthly utilizing the Chapter 33 enrollment verification process.
- Monthly verification has not been adopted for Chapters 31 or 35 benefits.