Tuition Rates 2022-2023
Tuition rates are subject to change without notice by action of the Board of Trustees. Rates are listed on a per contact hour basis.
Tuition & Fees
|Residency Classification *
|In-District and Dual Enrollees
** Tuition Rates are per contact hour.
** Note: Nursing, Radiography, and Physical Therapist Assistant courses are assessed an additional $25 per contact hour over the tuition rates listed above.
Understanding our Fees
Course Fees: Varies by course to defray the cost of special equipment or materials.
Enrollment Fee: A fee is required each semester a student enrolls, with the amount based upon date of initial enrollment. The fee is $50 during the designated Early Registration period, and $100 during Late Registration.
Facilities Fee: A $10 per contact hour fee is assessed on all courses offered on the Harrison or Mt. Pleasant campuses as well as courses that are independent study, clinical, or co-op.
Student Activities Fee: A $7.50 per contact hour fee is assessed to all students.
Technology Fee: A $17 per contact hour fee is assessed to all students.
NOTE: Fees are subject to change without notice by action of the Board of Trustees. Information about Mid Michigan College’s tuition and fees can be found in the Catalog.
* Am I In-District or Out of District?
Mid Michigan College's in-district area includes the public school districts of Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin, Harrison, and Mt. Pleasant (beginning in the Fall 2021 semester). Residents of these school districts pay a property tax to support the College, and subsequently pay a lower tuition rate.
Students are considered IN-DISTRICT if they meet one of the following criteria:
- They are a dependent student, as defined by IRS regulations, residing with a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian maintains their primary residence within one of the public school districts of Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin, Harrison, or Mt. Pleasant (beginning Fall 2021).
- They reside within the College district at the time of registration and are a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- The student, the student’s spouse, or the parents of a dependent student hold real property within the College district against which real property taxes have been assessed in support of the College for the tax period immediately preceding registration; the tax receipt must show proof of payment of taxes in support of the College.
- The student is an employee of a business or industrial firm or governmental agency or is a member of professional organization within the College district and the employer or organization, by written agreement, agrees to pay directly to the College all tuition and/or fees of a student for employer-approved courses.
- Military personnel whose Home of Record or Legal Residence is within one of the public school districts of Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin, Harrison, or Mt. Pleasant (beginning Fall 2021).
- The students are enrolled under the provisions of Act 245, Public Acts of 1935, as amended by Act 371, Public Acts of 1965 (students receiving benefits under the Children of Veterans Tuition Grant).
Students may be asked to verify residency at the time of each official registration by providing an appropriate document such as a driver's license, voter registration card, Secretary of State Identification Card, lease agreement, or property tax receipt for the tax period immediately preceding registration, or by procedures as authorized by the President. (Note: A PO Box will not be accepted as an In-District address. )
So I'm an In-District Student if I live in Mt. Pleasant?
That is correct. The residents of the Mt. Pleasant Public Schools voted on May 4, 2021 to join the College's in-district service area. Beginning in the Fall 2021 semester, students living in the Mt. Pleasant Public School district will pay the in-district tuition rate. The College's in-district area consists of the public school districts of Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin, Harrison, and Mt. Pleasant (beginning in the Fall 2021 semester).
Do you need to document your In-District student status?
In May, voters passed two proposals that allowed the Mt. Pleasant School District to join Beaverton, Clare, Farwell, Gladwin, and Harrison as part of Mid's in-district service area.
Check Your Residency
Residency Update Form
To complete the form you will need to provide residency documentation of your in-district address. Accepted forms of documentation include driver's license, voter registration card, Secretary of State identification Card, lease agreement, or property tax receipt for the tax period immediately prior to registration.
It's important to note that residency changes must be made no later than the second Friday of the semester. After that deadline, the existing tuition rate charged will stand for the Fall semester, and residency changes could then be requested for future semesters.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INVESTMENT IN COLLEGE
Cost of Attendance (COA) is the estimated amount it will cost you to go to college at Mid.