MID Students Have Options for Paying Tuition & Fees
- On-Campus in Student Services | Student Services Specialists are available to assist you with paying your balance or setting up a payment plan.
- Online through Self-Service | You can check the status of your account and the current balance through Self-Service. Check for specific semester tuition due dates.
- Via Check | Please make checks payable to Mid Michigan College and mail them to Mid Michigan College ATTN: Cashier 1375 S. Clare Ave., Harrison, MI 48625.
- Visit mycollegepaymentplan.com for Nelnet Payment Plan Information. Type in Mid Michigan College when asked to Find Your School’s Information. Set up an automatic payment plan using Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS). NBS charges a fee of $30 for using their payment plan service. If a credit/debit card is used, a convenience fee in addition to the enrollment fee will be assessed. You can opt to pay in full on Nelnet using your checking/savings account for only $3. Depending on when you set up your payment plan, the number of payments that you make will vary.
Effective January 8, 2024, payments to Mid Michigan College by debit or credit card will incur a fee of 2.75% or a minimum of $3.75. This card processing fee, previously absorbed by the College, will be charged to the payer’s card in addition to the amount of their payment. For example, a payment of $1,000 will incur an additional $27.50 fee.
Assessing the fee only to students who make payments by card helps to keep tuition lower for all students. There are ways to avoid paying the 2.75% credit/debit card fee.
Alternative Method of Payments
- Students can visit Student Services on either campus to pay with cash or check to avoid any fees.
- Nelnet Business Solutions, a long-time partner with Mid, offers a service for making online payments directly from your bank account for a $3.00 per payment fee. See below for a quick how-to guide.
- Unless you intend to pay off your credit card balance within a few months, creating a payment plan through Nelnet or using a federal student loan may be a more cost-effective way to pay for college. This will vary based on your specific circumstances. If you would like to discuss possible loan options, contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How-to Guide for Nelnet Online Payments
You will need a few things to get started.
- Mid Mich Student ID Number
- Amount you are paying
- Bank Account and Routing Number
Follow these steps to make a one-time payment with a flat $3 fee.
- Visit Nelnet Business Solutions to start the payment process.
- Login or create an account.
- Click on the “Set up a Payment Plan” link.
- Enter the amount you are paying under Tuition and Fees on the “Amount Due” step. Enter $0 for Financial Aid (even if you have aid).
- Choose “Immediate Full Payment” when you reach the “Plan Options” step.
- Select the “Pay Using” drop-down box to select the payment method.
You will receive confirmation of your payment for your records. Your account at the College will be credited within a few days.