STEM Employer Talent Pipeline
Driven by Employer Demand
The Great Lakes Bay region has focused its efforts on the key findings related to the first of the four requirements for STEM Impact report. Specifically, the report urges the creation of a robust STEM talent pipeline driven by employer demand and cites the following key findings related to this goal:
- Economic growth is constrained due to challenges finding qualified STEM talent.
- Employers struggle to find STEM talent due to a lack of technical skills, soft skills, and required experience.
- It is difficult to get a clear picture of the region’s talent needs because of a lack of transparency around current and future (short-term) demand.
- Employer job expectations are confusing due to a lack of common language used across industries and between industry and education. (STEM Impact Initiative, 2014, p. 6)
Visit the STEM Employer Talent Pipeline website for business resources, information, and more.
WHY your business should care about building a STEM-based Talent Pipeline:
- STEM jobs grew at 300% the rate of other jobs in the last decade
- 71% of employers reported having difficulty hiring for a STEM job within the last 12 months
- STEM skills are required for a wide range of in-demand occupations
- 76% of employers reported that for their most in-demand positions, trained talent is difficult to find
- Developing a talent pipeline can reduce your time spent recruiting, which increases profits.
BENEFITS to your business:
- Grow your talent pipeline
- Save money
- Save time
- Increase intellectual capital
Director of STEM Employer Talent Pipeline
(989) 289-9849 | firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE AT THE STEM PIPELINE WEBSITE.