According to the Student Right-to-Know Act (P.L. 101-542 (PDF)) of 1990, colleges and universities that administer federal Title IV funds must disclose certain information to prospective and enrolled students, parents and employees. Required student consumer information is already on our website, this link is meant to create a simple way to access all of the required information.


Rights of Financial Aid Applicants

  • You have the right to know what financial aid programs are available.
  • You have the right to know the deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs available.
  • You have the right to know how financial aid is distributed, how decisions on that distribution are made, and the basis for these decisions.
  • You have the right to know how your financial need was determined and what resources (such as parental contribution, other financial aid, your assets, etc.) were considered in the calculation of your need.
  • You have the right to know how much of your financial need as determined by the institution has been met.
  • You have the right to request an explanation of the various programs in your student aid package.
  • You have the right to know the Mid Financial Aid Refund Policy.
  • You have the right to know what portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, the payback procedures, the length of time you have to repay, and when repayment is to begin.
  • You have the right to know how Mid determines whether you are making satisfactory academic progress and what happens if you are not.

For an explanation of any of the above rights, please visit Financial Aid and meet with a Financial Aid Representative.


Responsibilities of Financial Aid Applicants

  • You must complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the right place.
  • You must provide correct information. If you purposely give false or misleading information, you may be fined up to $20,000, sent to prison, or both.
  • You must return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by either Financial Aid or the agency to which you submitted your application.
  • You are responsible for reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign and for keeping copies of them.
  • You must accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.
  • You must perform the work that is agreed upon in accepting Work Study employment.
  • You must meet satisfactory academic progress guidelines to continue to receive aid. See Mid’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
  • You are responsible for reporting the type and amount of any assistance you have received from any source outside of Mid.
  • You must be attending your courses in order to be eligible for Federal Aid funding. Learn more about adding, dropping, and withdrawing from courses.

Admissions Policy & Financial Aid Requirements

Mid Michigan College is your "open door" to possibility. While Mid does not require a high school diploma or GED for enrollment, these may be required in other instances. For example, students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should be aware that a high school diploma or GED may be required by the transfer institution. Students applying for federal financial aid must also have a high school diploma or GED and indicate it on their FAFSA in order to receive Title IV aid.

Student Complaints

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs is the agency designated to review complaints against institutions of higher education. Complaints concerning Mid Michigan College education activities should be referred to this agency.

Students who do not reside in Michigan may contact the authority in their home state, which may be found on the website of the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association.

Ombudsman for Students

The U.S. Department of Education provides an Office of the Ombudsman to help resolve loan disputes and problems. The following options are available for contacting the office: call toll free at (877) 557-2575, visit thier website, or write to: Office of the Ombudsman, Student Financial Assistance, U.S. Department of Education, Room 3012, ROB #3, 7th and D Streets, SW, Washington DC 20202-5144.


The Higher Learning Commission will hear complaints related to general practices affecting accreditation. For more specific information go to the Higher Learning Commission website.


Complaints involving an active duty service member or veteran of the U.S. military may contact the DoD Post-Secondary Education Complaint System.