Using Positive Influence in the Workplace
Date, Time, & Location
8:30am - 5pm Thursday, May 4
Mt. Pleasant Campus | Community Room
$95 per person
16 student minimum to hold the class.
Too often, as employees, we are given responsibility with little authority. Instead, we are required to use our interpersonal and influencing skills in order to get others to buy-in to our projects. In other words, to obtain cooperation from others over which we have no authority, we must use other means to motivate them. This class discusses the nuances of enacting influence by growing professional and personal relationships, including trust and respect.
- Apply influence strategies to gain commitment and foster collaboration
- Gain buy-in by dynamically adjusting your approach to others
- Achieve goals by enhancing trust and cooperation
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviors to overcome resistance and inertia in others
- Use knowledge and competence to influence others