Basic Computer Skills
Basic Computers – Designed for Seniors
Class Number | CED.1040.M01
Section | 62668
Max # of students: 12
Date & Time
Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays for Four Weeks
November 17, 19, 24,
December 1, 3, 8, 10, 15
$50 per person
Mt. Pleasant Campus | Morey Tech Center Computer Lab 112
Class DescriptionIn today’s fast-changing world, it can be tough to keep up, especially if you’re not familiar with technology. Basic Computers is an 8 session, face-to-face class designed to help you learn very basic computer skills. You will learn….
- Knowledge of computer parts, e.g. mouse, USB port, etc.
- Confidence in navigation around your PC (Personal Computer)
- Opening and closing files and applications
- Basic internet browsing
- Basic email usage i.e. sign in, receiving and replying
- Creating, saving and printing documents and spreadsheets – As time permits, may get into this more
Andrew Rhind has been involved in teaching for 30 years, working with computers since Window 3.1 (1996). He loves seeing others get their hands on a new skill and experience success. Andrew and his wife Nanci have been married for 27 years and have two college-age children. In addition to his job in sales, Andrew enjoys playing the drums and refinishing furniture. Andrew graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1993 and holds a Health and Life Insurance License.