A Matter of Balance
Date & Time
Mondays & Wednesdays
August 2 - August 25
FREE | Registration Required
Harrison Campus - Esther C. Conference Room 220
Class DescriptionFalls are the leading cause of injury for people over age 65. Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activity as a result. In partnership with MidMichigan Health, this free 4-week program, A Matter of Balance, is designed to manage the risk of falls and increase activity.
You will Learn
- How to view falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercises to increase strength and balance
- Anyone concerned about falling
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activity because of falling concerns
Mary is the Community Education Nurse in Gladwin, where she has resided for more than 40 years. In her current position, her focus is on prevention of illness and injury. She has a background in working in the operating room, nursing supervision, and substance abuse prevention in the schools and now in the community. Mary is a graduate of the former Saginaw General Hospital School of Nursing (now known as Covenant.) Her degree from CMU is in Health Education and Community Development.