Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities scheduled. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible. For the most up-to-date information visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or midmich.edu/professional-development.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $4,200
- Starts September 14 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts October 5 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) $1,600
- Starts September 28 | Harrison
- Starts October 26 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy $1,400
- Starts September 22 | Big Rapids
- Starts September 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 28| Bad Axe
- Starts October 12 | Alpena
- Starts November 16 | Harrison
- Local Corrections Officer Academy $1,100
- Starts September 1 | Mt. Pleasant
- Local Corrections Officer Professional Development Modules start September 1
- Mid’s Local Corrections Officer Academy professional development modules fulfill training hour requirements mandated by the State of Michigan for Local Corrections professionals. From stress management to defensive tactics, Mid offers a wide variety of training modules and at just $10 per training hour you can complete your training on-time and under budget.
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6614.
For more information about Mid Michigan College’s response to the COVID-19 risk, visit midmich.edu/covid19.