Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities available.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields, and in as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and industry-certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely paid for through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Trainings are ranked among the fastest-growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including welders, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), and phlebotomists,” noted Autumn Matthews, Workforce & Economic Development Specialist at Mid.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600 | Multiple Locations
- Harrison starts February 21, May 23, August 1, and November 7
- Mt. Pleasant starts January 9, March 13, May 15, July 17, and October 2
- Dental Assistant | $2,300 | Gladwin
- Starts January 24, April 25, August 1, and October 24
- Phlebotomy | $1,575 | Multiple Locations
- Harrison starts February 20, May 8, and September 11
- Mt. Pleasant starts January 9, March 27, June 19, August 7, and October 16
- Midland starts February 6, April 17, July 10, and October 2
- Alpena starts February 20, June 5, and September 18
- Big Rapids starts February 7, May 30, and October 10
- Bad Axe starts February 21, June 12, and September 25
- Surveying, Reading Plans, & Bridge Maintenance | $200 per session or $500 for three | Harrison
- March 14-15-16
- Welding | $1,600 | Bad Axe
- Starts February 13