Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term and Professional Development Training opportunities available. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible. For the most up-to-date information visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or midmich.edu/profdev.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,300
- Starts February 15, and March 15 in Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600
- Starts February 8, March 1, March 8, and April 5 in Freeland
- Phlebotomy | $1,450
- Starts January 25, April 5, June 28, & September 20 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts February 15, May 17, August 9, & October 25 | Harrison
- Starts February 22, June 21, & September 27 | Bad Axe
- Starts March 2, June 15, & October 5 | Big Rapids
- Starts March 1, June 14, & September 20 | Alpena
- Dental Assistant | $2,300
- Starts June 7, & September 13 | Gladwin
- Direct Support Professional | $850
- Starts February 15, & March 15 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drone Piloting | $395 per session
- February 26 | Drone Pilot Test Certification Prep | Mt. Pleasant
- February 24 Hands-on Drone Flight Training | Mt. Pleasant
- February 23 Intro to Drones for Public Safety Personnel | Mt. Pleasant
- February 22 Intro to Drones for Commercial Users | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600
- Starts May 10, August 9, & October 25 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts March 29, July 12, & September 20 | Harrison
- Excel Level II 100% Online! $300
- Starts February 16
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or midmich.edu/profdev or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.