Mid Michigan College offers Lifelong Learning opportunities for community members that cover a wide range of interesting hobbies and important topics.
- Food Preservation: Pressure Canning | August 3 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Basic Dog Training | August 5 in Harrison
- Shipwrecks: The Great Storm of 1940 | August 11 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Food Preservation: Pickling, Not Just for Cucumbers | August 17 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Shipwrecks: Cutter Rescues | August 25 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Food Preservation: Too Many Tomatoes | August 31 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Shipwrecks: Offshore Outposts | September 8 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Learn to Knit: Dishcloths | September 14 in Harrison
- Shipwrecks: Most Famous Shipwreck of All Time | September 22 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Cricut 101 | September 22 in Mt. Pleasant
- Genealogy | September 23 in Harrison
- Learn to Knit: Socks | October 5 in Harrison
- Shipwrecks: Bottled Goodbyes | October 6 | Online via Zoom | FREE
- Cricut Iron-On T-Shirts | October 20 in Mt. Pleasant
- Paranormal Exploration | October 30 in Harrison
- $5 Registration Fee will be donated to local non-profits!
The College is also offering a new opportunity for those who love to read! Mid’s Good Book Club is available to any and all who would like to participate. The club will meet remotely the last Thursday of each month 3:30pm-4:30pm. For details visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning.
“Mid is committed to offering learning opportunities that appeal to lifelong students in our surrounding communities, and feature local artisans and experts as instructors,” noted Scott Mertes, Vice President of Community Outreach & Advancement at Mid. “Lifelong Learning classes are affordable, offered online, on-campus, and in our local communities, and are focused on topics that spark creativity and pique interest. From artistic endeavors to dog training, the class you’re looking for is coming soon.”
For the most up-to-date class schedule, more information about lifelong learning, or to register for an upcoming class, visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning or contact us at email@example.com or (989) 386-6651.