Mid Michigan College offers Lifelong Learning opportunities for community members that cover a wide range of interesting hobbies and important topics. In response to the COVID-19 risk, many classes are being offered remotely, and on-campus classes will utilize a variety of measures based on scientific and expert recommendations to limit exposure and maintain a clean environment. Social distancing measures and the use of face coverings will be enforced, and an enhanced cleaning schedule of campus facilities implemented.
- Cooking for Crowds | December 2 Online via Zoom
- Gift Ideas for Food Preservers | December 3 Online via Zoom FREE
- Holiday Cookies with Royal Icing | December 4 Online via Zoom
- Holiday Cookie Decorating for Kids | December 9 Online via Zoom
- Soapmaking 101 | December 15 in Mt. Pleasant
- Home DIY: Trim & Molding | December 16 in Harrison
- Holiday Cookies with Royal Icing | December 18 in Mt. Pleasant
- Home DIY: Hanging Items | January 6 in Harrison
- Genealogy | Begins January 18 in Harrison
- Cooking for Crowds | January 19 Online via Zoom
- Home DIY: Light Switches | January 20 in Harrison
- Basic Dog Training | January 21 in Harrison
- Guitar Fundamentals I | February 9in Multiple Locations
- American Sign Language | February 18 Online via Zoom
- Portable Washing Machine DIY | February 24 in Harrison
- Guitar Fundamentals II | March 30 in Multiple Locations
The College is also offering a new opportunity for those who love to read! Mid’s Good Book Club is available to any and all who would like to participate. The club will meet remotely the last Thursday of each month 3:30pm-4:30pm. For details visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning.
“Mid is committed to offering learning opportunities that appeal to lifelong students in our surrounding communities, and feature local artisans and experts as instructors,” noted Scott Mertes, Vice President of Community Outreach & Advancement at Mid. “Lifelong Learning classes are affordable, offered online, on-campus, and in our local communities, and are focused on topics that spark creativity and pique interest. From artistic endeavors to dog training, the class you’re looking for is coming soon.”
For the most up-to-date class schedule, more information about lifelong learning, or to register for an upcoming class, visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6651.