Registration for fall courses at Mid Michigan College is available now and courses start Monday, August 29. Mid’s courses are scheduled to take place on campus and online.
“Some new and improved programs, as well as new athletic teams, are debuting this fall,” explained Katie Navock, Director of Admissions at Mid. “It’s always exciting to be able to offer new opportunities, and the College remains committed to expanding programs that are career-friendly and transfer-focused, alongside innovative out-of-the-classroom experiences.”
- The Administrative Assistant Professional - Virtual Office Pathway features 8-week courses, is 100% online, and prepares students to succeed in a virtual career.
- Engineering Technology Our new Engineering Technology Pathways offer chemical, electrical, manufacturing, and mechanical engineering foci and prepare students to work as engineering technicians, assisting engineers in designing, testing, and manufacturing products.
- The Early Childhood Development Transfer Pathway is over 80% online and transfers over 50 credits directly into Central Michigan University's Bachelor of Early Childhood Development & Learning Program.
- The College’s new Land Title Training Credential is 90% online and prepares students for entry-level careers in the abstract and title industry.
- The Automotive & Diesel Service allows students to earn industry-recognized certifications from partners like Snap-on, and take advantage of late-afternoon and evening courses. Plus, fast-track options allow students to complete a training credential in just 8 months or 2 semesters.
- Mid’s Physical Therapist Assistant Pathway prepares students to sit for the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) after graduation, and 100% of licensed Mid graduates are employed within one year of graduation.
- The College’s Computer Aided Drafting & Design and 3D Printing Lab has recently been upgraded with over $1 million of professional-grade 3D printers and materials.
- New technology in the Computer Information Systems Lab allows students to access routers and switches remotely, expanding online learning opportunities within these pathways.
- This fall new co-ed teams for bass fishing, clay target shooting, and esports become available, and in the fall of 2023 cross country is slated to make a comeback to Laker Athletics.
The College has also expanded 8-week course availability, fast-track degrees, and innovative learning options so students can learn where and when it works for them.
“While the fall semester might seem far away, we encourage new and continuing students to register for courses and connect with athletics soon,” said Navock. “This will ensure they are able to shape a schedule that works best for them.”
Current or returning students should contact their Mid Mentor for assistance with academic planning and registration.
Those students who are interested in athletics should visit midmich.edu/athletics and complete the Prospective Student-Athlete form.