Mid Michigan College offers Lifelong Learning opportunities for community members that cover a wide range of interesting hobbies and important topics. In response to the COVID-19 risk, many classes are being offered remotely, and on-campus classes will utilize a variety of measures based on scientific and expert recommendations to limit exposure and maintain a clean environment. Social distancing measures and the use of face coverings will be enforced, and an enhanced cleaning schedule of campus facilities implemented.
- Michigan Wines | May 27 ONLINE | FREE
- Memory and Aging: What is ‘Normal’? | May 26 ONLINE | FREE
- Stress Less with Mindfulness | Begins June 1 ONLINE | FREE
- Blanching & Freezing | June 2 ONLINE | FREE
- Michigan Vegetables | June 3 ONLINE | FREE
- Birdscaping | June 10 & 17 ONLINE | FREE
- Jams & Jellies | June 16 ONLINE | FREE
- American Sign Language | Begins July ONLINE
- Water Bath & Steam Canning | July 7 ONLINE | FREE
- Smart Phone Photography | Begins July 8 in Mt. Pleasant
- Pressure Canning | July 14 ONLINE | FREE
- Mountain Biking Basics | July 18 in Harrison | FREE
- Pickling | August 4 ONLINE | FREE
- Advanced Dog Training | Begins August 10 in Harrison
- Basic Dog Training | Begins August 13 in Mt. Pleasant
- Applesauce: To freeze or can? | August 19 ONLINE | FREE
- Too Many Tomatoes | September 8 ONLINE | FREE
- Preserving Meat | September 22 ONLINE | FREE
The College is also offering a new opportunity for those who love to read! Mid’s Good Book Club is available to any and all who would like to participate. The club will meet remotely the first Thursday of each month starting on Thursday, July 2. For details visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning.
“Mid is committed to offering learning opportunities that appeal to lifelong students in our surrounding communities, and feature local artisans and experts as instructors,” noted Scott Mertes, Vice President of Community Outreach & Advancement at Mid. “Lifelong Learning classes are affordable, offered on-campus as well as in our local communities, and focused on topics that spark creativity and pique interest. From herbal medicine to dog training, the class you’re looking for is coming soon.”
For the most up-to-date class schedule, more information about lifelong learning, or to register for an upcoming class, visit midmich.edu/lifelonglearning or contact us at email@example.com or (989) 386-6651.
For more information about Mid Michigan College’s response to the COVID-19 risk, visit midmich.edu/covid19.