How can I make a gift?

Gifts using checks or credit cards can be made online, by phone, or by mail.

We'll be happy to send you a gift envelope. These postage-paid envelopes allow you to designate your gift and use a credit card if you wish. You can also download the Donation Form.

Mid Michigan College Foundation
c/o Tom Olver
1375 South Clare Avenue
Harrison, MI 48625

You may also personally deliver your gift to the College Advancement Office, Room 114, on the Harrison Campus. Stocks and securities may be electronically delivered. Contact the Mid Michigan College Foundation at tolver@midmich.edu or call (989) 386-6622 x675 for more information.

How can I set up a pledge?

You can set up your pledge by completing the gift reply envelope, available through the Mid Michigan College Foundation at tolver@midmich.edu or call (989) 386-6600 x675 to discuss your pledge with an Mid Foundation staff member.

How can I make a matching gift?

Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that can double or triple your gift to the Mid Michigan College Foundation. Request a form from your human resources office and send it to us with your gift. Service clubs may also match your gifts.

What is an unrestricted gift?

An unrestricted gift is a contribution that is given to the Mid Michigan College Foundation without any restrictions on its use.

Restricted gifts, on the other hand, are earmarked for specific purposes such as a named or endowed scholarship, or building construction.

Although both restricted and unrestricted gifts are welcome, unrestricted gifts are of critical importance because they allow the college to meet its greatest needs.

What kind of assets can I contribute to the Mid Michigan College Foundation?

Contributions of assets can include: cash, stocks and bonds, life insurance, mutual fund shares, art work, real estate and retirement plan assets.

How can I establish an endowment that provides perpetual support?

An endowment is an efficient way to assist future generations of students because once established, it is self perpetuating. When an individual makes a gift of $10,000 or more to the Mid Michigan College Foundation, a new endowment fund is established and the assets are immediately invested for future growth.

Click here for more information.

What can I choose to support at Mid Michigan College?

Contributions are accepted for almost any area of the College. Unrestricted gifts are used where the need is greatest. Restricted gifts are often designated for scholarships, program development, improved facilities, technology, or academic excellence.

How can I make a contribution that provides me or someone I designate with income for life?

Several options are available including: Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Reminder Trust, Pooled Income Fund and Charitable Lead Trust.

Contact your financial advisor for more information.

How can I remember Mid in my will?

There are several ways to provide a bequest to Mid. If you already have a will, you can remember Mid Michigan College by adding a codicil (amendment) to it.

The Mid Foundation's Gift Planning Services are available to answer questions and assist you. For more information, contact Tom Olver at (989) 386-6622 x675 or email at tolver@midmich.edu.

What is our investment policy?

The Foundation's portfolio is managed by an Investment Committee and guided by professional investment managers who work within the guidelines of the Investment and Distribution Policy.

Back to the top