No matter where you are in your educational journey — or where you’re going — the benefits of Phi Theta Kappa membership can help you achieve more. Mid launched a PTK chapter in 1989 — one of nearly 1,300 PTK chapters worldwide. Over the past 31 years, Mid’s Alpha Omicron Omicron chapter has earned and maintained the highest level of achievement — a 5 Star Chapter.
Becoming a PTK Member
If you meet eligibility requirements you'll receive an invitation in your MidMich Email.
- Visit ptk.org, click JOIN, and enter your MidMich Email.
- Must have completed twelve (12) or more credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater to join.
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Contact Mid's PTK Advisor Tammy Alvaro at (989) 386-6634 or email@example.com.
Winter 2022 PTK Induction
Congratulations to Mid's newest Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) members who will be inducted 6pm Thursday, March 24 on the Mt. Pleasant Campus in the Community Room. We are honored to host keynote speaker, Catreese Qualls, who is serving as the current Division III International Vice President of PTK .
Catreese, a non-traditional student, joined PTK in 2018 to meet new friends, expand her network, and make a difference on campus through service and volunteerism. She is majoring in Social Work with an emphasis on Urban STudies and minoring in Communication Arts. Recently, Catreese was named a Kehrl Academic Scholar for Excellence in Communication Arts, All-Michigan Academic Team Scholar, Coca-Cola Academic Team Silver Scholar, and a PTK Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholar. In her spare time, she enjoys chasing sunsets, lavender lattes on repeat, family movie nights, and long walks along the river front.
Attend a Chapter Meeting!
Meetings are held every Wednesday at 7:30pm via Zoom.
Phi Theta Kappa is...
- a community for high-achieving students.
- recognition of your academic success.
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- respected by college officials and potential employers.
Benefits of PTK Membership
- Scholarships to help you reach your goal
- Access to over $37 million in scholarships
- Ability to build a list of references
- Leadership experiences for your resume
- Membership pin and certificate
- Honors recognition events
- Tutoring and mentoring opportunities
- Friendships that last a lifetime
PTK Student Brian Cody
"The 2 years I spent at Mid were perhaps the most transformational years of my life. I entered as a young man seeking direction that I thought was impossible to find. Yet, I opened my mind to opportunities that were provided and developed a great sense of purpose. This turned me into a studious, hardworking, and focused individual. Perhaps I always had these qualities, but it wasn't until my years at Mid with PTK that they truly developed. I am so thankful that I was able to experience that 'AHA' moment.."