No matter where you are in your educational journey — or where you’re going — the benefits of Phi Theta Kappa membership can help you achieve more. Mid launched a PTK chapter in 1989 — one of nearly 1,300 PTK chapters worldwide. Over the past 31 years, Mid’s Alpha Omicron Omicron chapter has earned and maintained the highest level of achievement — a 5 Star Chapter.
Becoming a PTK Member
If you meet eligibility requirements you'll receive an invitation in your MidMich Email.
- JOIN TODAY!
- Note | You may be asked to enter your MidMich Email.
- Must have completed twelve (12) or more credit hours.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater to join.
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Contact Mid's PTK Advisor Tammy Alvaro at (989) 386-6634 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phi Theta Kappa is...
- a community for high-achieving students.
- recognition of your academic success.
- opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- respected by college officials and potential employers.
Benefits of PTK Membership
- Scholarships to help you reach your goal
- Access to over $37 million in scholarships
- Ability to build a list of references
- Leadership experiences for your resume
- Membership pin and certificate
- Honors recognition events
- Tutoring and mentoring opportunities
- Friendships that last a lifetime
PTK Student Brian Cody
"The 2 years I spent at Mid were perhaps the most transformational years of my life. I entered as a young man seeking direction that I thought was impossible to find. Yet, I opened my mind to opportunities that were provided and developed a great sense of purpose. This turned me into a studious, hardworking, and focused individual. Perhaps I always had these qualities, but it wasn't until my years at Mid with PTK that they truly developed. I am so thankful that I was able to experience that 'AHA' moment.."