Alert: Building Evacuation - Procedures and Maps
In the event that a serious crime, natural disaster, or man-made emergency occurs that poses a threat to the health and safety of the college community or a segment of the community, the College would assess the situation and issue timely warnings or emergency notifications and associated security modes.
Individuals should become familiar with the various security modes and the procedures associated with each.
In the event that an incident necessitates building evacuation, anyone inside a campus building should
- Immediately find the nearest exit and exit the building
- Assist disabled persons or visitors in evacuating the building and Do not use elevators.
- Follow any instructions received through Mid’s emergency alert system or phone/PA
- Assemble outside and at least 100 feet from the building. Use caution at all times and keep sidewalks and streets clear for emergency personnel.
- Follow the directions of Campus Security, Security Operations and Systems, Core Crisis Team, and/or any responding governmental agency.
- Do not return to the building until directed to do so by Campus Security, Security Operations and Systems, Core Crisis Team, and/or the responding governmental agency. Ceasing the alarm does not indicate that it is safe to re-enter the building.
Harrison Campus Emergency Maps
- Main Building (1st Floor)
- Main Building (2nd Floor - East)
- Main Building (2nd Floor - West)
- Center for Medical Imaging Studies (CMIS)
- Technical Education Center (TC)
- The Poet Family Outdoor Education Center (OEC)
Mt. Pleasant Campus Emergency Maps
- Center for Student Success (CSS) (1st Floor)
- Center for Student Success (CSS) (2nd Floor)
- Center for Liberal Arts & Business (CLAB) (1st Floor)
- Center for Liberal Arts & Business (CLAB) (2nd Floor)
- Center for Liberal Arts & Business (CLAB) (3rd Floor)
- Herbert D. Doan Center for Science & Health Technologies (DOAN) (1st Floor)
- Herbert D. Doan Center for Science & Health Technologies (DOAN) (2nd Floor)
- Morey Technical Education Center