What do I do if I am sick, am at elevated risk, or face COVID-19-related barriers to working?
To keep employees safe, Mid is implementing the following changes to in-person interactions
and physical contact.
- Until further notice in-person meetings will be minimized to the extent possible and replaced by virtual meetings.
- In-person employee gatherings should adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Employees are to refrain from sharing workspaces within areas.
- Meal times and breaks should be staggered to avoid having larger groups of employees together at one time
To minimize the number of employees on a campus at a given time, supervisors will adjust employee scheduling. Some options for employee scheduling could include:
- Shift rotations of who works on campus vs remotely each day.
- Faculty scheduling based on the in-person courses/labs required for the semester.
- Any scheduling alternations should be made in collaboration with the employee’s supervisor.
Each department will prepare a schedule and share the schedule with their respective VP/AVP.
Employees should work with supervisors and the HR office to discuss leave allowances and needs, along with accommodations, and remote work expectations.