How does the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services for Wednesday, November 18 impact current practices?
The COVID Taskforce met Monday, November 16 to discuss the implications of the new Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
These are trying and complicated times. The safety of our students and employees is our primary concern.
Our plans to comply with the most recent emergency order, which takes effect Wednesday, November 18 are detailed below.
- Instruction will move fully online for all courses, with the exception of labs in medically-related programs (the lecture portions will move online). Clinical instruction will also continue in person. Contact the Deans with questions about online instruction, using on-campus technology, and remote services.
- The Testing Center will remain open by appointment
- Campus Stores will remain open per their normal operating hours.
- We will also keep each campus open so students can use computers and Wi-Fi in the hallways.
- Most offices on campus will be operating remotely during normal business hours during this three-week emergency order period.
- The Campus Cupboard will remain open (students can submit requests online) and student wellness and support services will be available remotely.
- Mid employees will remain off campus and work remotely as much as possible. Of course, some employees must come to campus to work and others will need to visit campus on occasion to maintain departmental operations. All employees will work with their supervisors to discuss schedules and to ensure that each department’s unique needs are met.
- Student employees may work remotely if there is meaningful work to be done. Student employees may also work on campus, with appropriate supervision, if absolutely necessary. Due to the nature of their work, student employee hours may be reduced during this time.
At this time we plan to return to normal operations on Wednesday, December 9.
Contact your supervisor for details specific to your department.