In an effort to maintain a positive and informed Campus Community, MMCC utilizes the MidAlert! notification system. This allows College Administration to relay notifications out to the campus community through two components:
- An emergency notification /timely warning for time-sensitive situations that may pose an on- going threat to the campus community; emergency situations, inclement weather, and campus closures
- General campus information such as activities, notices and announcements
Emergency notifications are sent to all active MMCC MidMail Accounts. Current students are, by default, automatically enrolled to receive automated voice calls to their newest number on file.
Students, faculty, and staff need to enroll in order to receive emergency notifications via text, to update preferences, receive MidAlert! general campus information, or to “opt-out”. Students who select to “opt-out” of MidAlert! should understand that in an emergency situation, notifications would be received through their MMCC e-mail account and posted on the MMCC home page at www.midmich.edu.
NOTE: MidAlert! preferences must be reviewed and confirmed every year; otherwise, the default setting will take effect.
Regarding MidAlert! for Visitors to campus
While on Campus, visitors may enroll to receive MidAlert! emergency notifications and timely warnings. Visitors that choose to enroll will be placed in a ‘temporary’ MidAlert! notification file for the day. Telephone number provided will be routinely deleted, requiring visitors to re-enroll each time they are on campus.
- Visitors may sign up to receive text messages while on campus by texting the word: visitmmcc to 79516.
- To stop receiving MidAlert! emergency notifications and timely warnings, visitors may text the word: stop to 79516. Visitors that choose to text ‘stop’ will be unenrolled at the provider level and will not be able to reenroll without contacting their cellphone provider.
Please note: for text messages, cell phone carriers may charge standard text messaging fees.
- Students, faculty and staff can select options by visiting: https://account.midmich.edu/profile
- To view MidAlert! Terms and conditions click on the MidAlert! Terms and Conditions located below.
- To view MMCC’s Emergency Notification and Timely Warning Policy and Procedure click here.
- Please see the Campus Safety & Security web site for more information about MMCC emergency procedures or access the college's latest Annual Security Report.
Mid Michigan Community College (MMCC) is committed to providing a safe and positive learning environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. In an effort to keep the campus community informed, aware, and safe, the College utilizes MidAlert!. MidAlert! is a notification system which allows College Administration to send notifications out to the campus community. There are two components to this system: (1) an emergency notification or timely warning which allows Campus Administration to report emergency situations, inclement weather, campus closures; any time-sensitive information on situations that may pose an on-going threat to the campus community. The second component (2) is general campus information such as activities, notices, and announcements.
By default, students, faculty, and staff are enrolled in Mid Alert! and will receive notifications by voice calls (to the telephone number listed on file) and by e-mail at their midmich.edu address. A person must enroll to receive emergency notifications, timely warnings and general campus information via text messages. To check on enrollment, update your preferences, confirm your mobile carrier, or cancel Mid Alert! features, please visit https://account.midmich.edu/profile .
Visitors to the campus may also enroll to receive Mid Alert! emergency notifications and timely warnings during their campus stay. Visitors that choose to enroll will be allocated into a ‘temporary Mid Alert!’ notification file for the day. Your phone number will be deleted from the system regularly. Visitors who wish to receive text messages while on Campus should do so by texting the word: visitmmcc to 79516. To stop receiving Mid Alert! emergency notifications and timely warnings, text the word: stop to 79516. Visitors that choose to text ‘stop’ will be unenrolled at the provider level and will not be able to reenroll without contacting their cellphone provider.
Standard text message rates may apply.
Terms and Conditions
Please note: Any future home and cellular phone number(s) or wireless device(s)number that you provide to MMCC as part of your student records in Admissions, Enrollment, Financial Aid, or Student Services gives authorization to the College and its agents/contractors to contact you at those provided numbers/devices. Regardless of your choices regarding communication via text messaging, please be informed that MMCC and its agents/contractors will send notifications and communications to your midmich.edu email address. Additional communication may also be transmitted by automated/pre-recorded or live phone calls to any phone numbers on file with the College.