In an effort to maintain a positive and informed Campus Community, Mid utilizes the MidAlert! notification system. This allows College Administration to relay notifications out to the campus community through two components:
- An emergency notification /timely warning for time-sensitive situations that may pose an on-going threat to the campus community; emergency situations, inclement weather, and campus closures
- General campus information such as activities, notices and announcements
Emergency notifications are sent to all active MidMail Accounts. Current students are, by default, automatically enrolled to receive automated voice calls to their newest number on file.
Students, faculty, and staff need to enroll in order to receive emergency notifications via text, to update preferences, receive MidAlert! general campus information, or to “opt-out”.Students who select to “opt-out” of MidAlert! should understand that in an emergency situation, notifications would be received through their Mid e-mail account and posted on Mid's homepage at midmich.edu.
NOTE: MidAlert! preferences must be reviewed and confirmed every year; otherwise, the default setting will take effect.
Regarding MidAlert! for Visitors to Campus
While on Campus, visitors may enroll to receive MidAlert! emergency notifications and timely warnings. Visitors that choose to enroll will be placed in a ‘temporary’ MidAlert! notification file for the day.
Telephone number provided will be routinely deleted, requiring visitors to re-enroll each time they are on campus.
- Visitors may sign up to receive text messages while on campus by texting the word: visitmid to 79516.
- To stop receiving MidAlert! emergency notifications and timely warnings, visitors may text the word: stop to 79516.
Visitors that choose to text ‘stop’ will be unenrolled at the provider level and will not be able to reenroll without contacting their cellphone provider.
MidAlert! Terms and Conditions
Any home and cellular phone numbers(s) or wireless device(s) number that you provide to Mid as part of your student records in Admissions, Enrollment, Financial Aid, or Student Services gives authorization to the College and its agents/contractors to contact you at those provided numbers/devices.Regardless of your choices regarding communication via text messaging, please be informed that Mid and its agents/contractors will send notifications and communications to your midmich.edu email address.Additional communication may also be transmitted by automated/pre-recorded or live phone calls to any phone numbers on file with the College.
Please note: for text messages, cell phone carriers may charge standard text messaging fees.
- Students, faculty and staff can select options by visiting https://account.midmich.edu/profile
- For information on when the College may send out notifications, please see the College’s Emergency Notification and Timely Warning Policy and Procedure
Please see the Campus Safety & Security web site for more information on Mid's emergency procedures and to access the college's latest Annual Security Report.