A female student sits in front of a white brick wall, thinking intently with a smile on her face.

How Do I...

Pay my student’s bill?

If your student does not have sufficient financial aid to cover his/her balance, and you would like to pay tuition, you have a number of options.

You can pay by cash, money order, check, MasterCard, VISA, or Discover card at the Harrison campus SOAR Center or the Center for Student Services at the Mount Pleasant campus.

Or pay with MasterCard, VISA, or Discover card online through your student’s MidWeb account.

Set up an automatic payment plan using Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS). NBS charges a fee of $25 for using their payment plan service. If a credit/debit card is used, a convenience fee in addition to the enrollment fee will be assessed. (Note: Nelnet does NOT accept VISA.) You can opt to pay in full on Nelnet using your checking/savings account for a $2 fee. Depending on when you set up your payment plan, the number of payments that you make will vary. See the Cashier's Office webpage for more information or to set up a payment plan.

Plan a visit?

We want to make your visit as productive and positive as possible. So, we’ll customize your time based on what you want to see and with whom you would like to speak. Request a tour by filling out our online Visit Form or contacting admissions at admissions@midmich.edu

Update my address?

If you've moved, then updating your family's address with Mid is essential. Please ask your student to contact the Registrar's office directly with your new address: enrollment@midmich.edu


Is there a calendar available for specific semester dates?

Yes. You can visit the Stay Informed section of our parent site, or see a full list of dates, along with recent and upcoming happenings on our NEWS page.

How do I get to Mid?

Directions and maps to our Mt. Pleasant and Harrison campuses, including our technical education centers, can be found on our Locations and Maps page.

Where can I get my questions answered concerning my student’s tuition bill?

Questions concerning a student's tuition, refunds, and/or payments are referred to the Cashier’s Office: ardept@midmich.edu or (989) 386-6611.

Are there ways to assist my student with transportation?

Yes! Both campuses are regular stops for public transit as well. Contact the local service provider for information.

Clare County Transit Corporation
(CCTC) (989)539-1473

Gladwin: Dial-A-Ride


Mt. Pleasant: I-Ride (Isabella County Transportation Commission)

(ICTC) (989)772-9441

What services are provided for students who are having academic difficulty?

Mid values our students' experiences and success, and we provide many support services. The services that would be of most value for your student will depend on the specific concern and situation.

A full range of support services--from disability services, to academic support, to community resources beyond MMCC--are listed on our Support for Success page. It is the best resource we offer for students looking for additional support or assistance.

For academic support, students can take advantage of our Library and Learning Services (LLS), which provides one-on-one and group tutoring, a writing center, math center, and supplemental instruction. To learn about all of the LLS' offerings, along with hours of operation and contact information, visit the LLS site.

How can my son or daughter find out their remaining requirements needed for graduation?

Students can meet with an academic advisor at any point in their college journey to find out how they are progressing along their pathway to graduation and what courses they still need to take. Advising appointments must be scheduled in advance by calling 989.386.6626.

Students who think that they are eligible for graduation can email graduation@midmich.edu to verify.

Where can I find commencement and graduation information?

All of our information about graduation and commencement, including who to contact if you have additional questions, can be found HERE.

Where do students purchase their course books and school supplies?

We recommend Mid's Bookstores, which are located at both of our campuses. However, students can purchase the required supplies for their courses elsewhere. To find out the text book and supply requirements for a specific course, you can visit the online bookstore search (updated as course information becomes available).

What types of clubs and activities are available to my son or daughter?

Mid supports athletic teams for men's and women's basketball, cross country, and bowling. We also offer club hockey. We encourage athletes to play for the Lakers and supporters to attend games and cheer for our teams.

Mid's chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges, has been ranked one of the top in the nation for its activities and achievements. It offers honor students an incredible opportunity to develop into leaders. Many transfer after their time at Mid and receive university scholarships as a result of their membership.

A wide range of other clubs exist as well--from the international and human rights club to our gaming clubs and professional chapters. Learn more about our rich Student Life offerings.

Where can my student get tech help or help setting up Mid online accounts?

Our HelpDesk offers amazing support to students who need assistance setting up accounts, logging on to those accounts, accessing their online course information, etc: helpdesk@midmich.edu.

Unless the question is time sensitive, the best way to get HelpDesk assistance is by creating a ticket using this online form.

HelpDesk Hours of Operation

The Help Desk is open Monday through Thursday from 8am until 9:30pm, and Fridays from 8am until 4:30pm. If for some reason your question is not answered by one of our personnel, feel free to leave a message and they will get back to you with due diligence.

Contact Information
In order to better serve our constituents there are several ways to contact the Help Desk.

  • Fill out a ticket using our online form
  • Call 989-317-4630, or use extension 411 (if on-campus)
  • Help Desk located in The Center for Liberal Arts and Business - room 318
  • Send an email to helpdesk@midmich.edu

Include the following when emailing the HelpDesk:
1) A detailed description of the problem
2) Full name and location (if on-campus)
3) A phone number if you wish to be called
4) Any other necessary information which best allows us to answer your question.

What is included in "financial aid?"

Financial aid refers to any financial assistance that is awarded to a student and helps offset college cost of attendance. It includes grants, scholarships, work study (on-campus employment), and loans. To be eligible for many forms of aid, students need to complete and file their FAFSA the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is the first step in the financial aid process.

This application can be submitted online at www.fafsa.gov or by mailing a paper FAFSA directly to the federal processor. Mid's School Code for the FAFSA is 006768. The paper FAFSA may be obtained online at www.federalstudentaid.ed.gov.

Learn much more about the types of aid at Mid by visiting our Financial Aid website or emailing finaid@midmich.edu or calling (989)386-6664.

How does my student request an Mid transcripts?

Students can request a transcript through one of the following procedures:

  1. The quickest option is online via MidWeb. Students will log in, go to the Current Students menu, then click on Transcript Request. They can also monitor the status of transcript requests via MidWeb.
  2. Or, if students do not have a login, complete a Transcript Request Form (PDF 321KB) to mail, email, fax, or deliver in person to:

Outgoing Transcripts
Enrollment Services
2600 S. Summerton Road
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858

(989) 773-6622 (ext. 241) - phone
(989) 772-2386- fax

enrollment@midmich.edu - email

NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT PHONE REQUESTS. Transcript requests are typically processed within 3 business days, although additional time may be required during peak registration and/or grading periods. Transcripts are free of charge and will be mailed through the United States Postal Service unless a special request is made. We do not offer expedited or overnight shipping services. Transcripts sent outside of the United States will require a fee.

Full information about requesting transcripts can be found HERE.

Didn't find an answer to your question?

Contact us with any questions through our Quick Form.

Back to the top