Transfer to MMCC
Applying to MMCC is free, and it’s the first step toward becoming a student.
Send us your Current Transcripts.
To have courses evaluated for credit, request that an official transcript be mailed to Enrollment Services from each college/university you have attended. Unofficial transcripts will not be evaluated.
Transcripts that come to MMCC through student hands are considered unofficial even if they are sealed.
Please have your official transcript sent to the following address:Charles Bryan, Transcript Evaluator
Mid Michigan Community College
1375 S. Clare Ave.
Harrison, MI 48625
You will receive an email from us once your transcript(s) have been evaluated.
Meet with an Advisor.
Students transferring in to MMCC are not required to see an advisor. However, you will need to make sure that you meet all prerequisite requirements for courses that you intend to take.
To verify that you have met our prerequisites, please follow the steps below:
- Fax an unofficial transcript from the college/university where you completed the prerequisite course to 989-772-2386. You may also e-mail the unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify what MMCC course you wish to enroll in, and which course on your unofficial transcript you believe satisfies our prerequisite
- Include your name, student ID number, phone number, and e-mail address on your correspondence
Once we have verified that you have completed the prerequisite(s), we will e-mail you a confirmation. At this point you will be able to utilize our Midweb system to register for the course.
Please note that this process may take some time to complete. And our email confirmation does not guarantee that a spot will be available when you attempt to register. So please follow the steps above in a timely fashion, paying close attention to critical registration timelines.
Academic Advisingservices are available for all students, and our advisors can help with everything from program and course selection to scheduling classes and understanding how to check your midmich email. If you are intending to continue onto a four-year college or university after Mid, transfer advisors will ensure that you select MMCC courses that will count toward the bachelors degree that you are pursuing.
In order to best serve our students, advising is by appointment only.
Transfer Students should bring a copy of their unofficial or official transcripts.
Advising Appointments can be made by calling 989.386.6622 X100. When you call, please let us know whether you would like to be advised in Mt. Pleasant, Harrison, or online.
Like every college student, you may be eligible to receive financial aid in the form of federal funds, like grants or loans, or to receive MMCC scholarships. Your aid package will be determined based on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which you can fill out here www.fafsa.ed.gov . File soon. It takes a minimum of a few weeks to process financial aid for new students. MMCC's School Code for the FAFSA is 006768.
Filing for aid and understanding your options for paying for college doesn’t need to be complicated, and MMCC’s financial aid staff are available for consultation.
We recommend that transfer students meet with an Academic Advisor (see above) and register in person at the Harrison or Mt. Pleasant Enrollment Services office.
OPTIONS FOR PAYING YOUR TUITION BILL:
- Pay by cash, money order, check, MasterCard, VISA, or Discover card at the Harrison campus Cashier’s Office, or at the Registration counter at the Doan Center for Student Services in Mount Pleasant.
- Pay with MasterCard, VISA, or Discover card by logging in to MidWeb at midweb.midmich.edu. Important: If you use ANY credit or debit card online OR on campus, there will be a 2.7% transaction fee added onto each payment. (Minimum fee of $3.95)
Get More at Mid.
We’d be happy to talk with you about any questions that you have. To set up a tour or meet with an admissions team member, contact email@example.com or call 989.386.6661.