When doctors need to diagnose an illness, they often turn to advanced medical imaging technologies to provide them with an inside view of a patient’s body. Radiologic technologists utilize specialized equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information to assist with the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
The Radiography Program maintains accreditation with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). An 8-year accreditation status was awarded in 2023 with the next site visit tentatively scheduled for the second quarter of 2031.
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850 | Chicago, Il 60606-2901
- 100% of 2022 radiography graduates passed their certification exam on their first attempt within six months of graduation.
- 100% of 2022 radiography graduates were employed in the field prior to graduation.
Imaging Science Degrees = A Brighter Future
Train with Top-Notch Technology
- Posable Phantom Model
- Portable X-Ray Unit
Mid Michigan College offers a two-year (not including prerequisites), Associate in Applied Science, Radiography Degree.
The curriculum consists of classes, labs with an energized x-ray machine, and clinical education. Clinical education takes place in area hospital Radiology departments and may include evening and/or weekend assignments. Students may be required to travel distances greater than 1 hour for clinical education.
As officials of the Radiography Program here at Mid, we are ready to help you fulfill your career goals.
Wishing you a great future,
LouAnn Goodwin, M.Ed., R.T. (R), (CT), (MR), MRSO (MRSE) | Director of Imaging Sciences
Denise Phillips, M.S. , R.T. (R)(CT) | Clinical Coordinator
Explore the Center for Medical Imaging Studies on the Harrison Campus via our virtual tour!
The Radiography Program strives to educate radiographers to be technically competent and possess the superior interpersonal skills to be proficient in an ever changing environment.
- Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will use critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will exhibit understanding of the importance of professional issues.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Objectives for Goal #1:
- Students will apply positioning skills
- Students will select appropriate technical factors
- Students will practice radiation protection
Objectives for Goal #2:
- Students will use effective oral communication skills with patients
- Students will practice written communication skills
- Students will demonstrate effective presentation skills
Objectives for Goal #3:
- Students will be able to evaluate images
- Students will be able to alter the exam as needed in the clinical setting
Objectives for Goal #4:
- Students will demonstrate professional behaviors
- Students will evaluate the importance of meeting high standards
2022 Program Effectiveness Data
Please download and review this document.
Student and Employer Satisfaction Results
7/7; 100% of employers satisfied with graduate performance
8/9; 89% of students satisfied with education*
* (10 responses received; 8 satisfied, 1 no opinion, 1 dissatisfied)
Campus Safety, Security, and Non Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Information
In its commitment to providing a safe environment, Mid Michigan College actively endeavors to broaden our diversity, promote equal opportunity and prohibits any form of discrimination in its programs, activities, and conditions of admission or employment. Learn more about these efforts and policies by visiting www.midmich.edu/eeo , www.midmich.edu/titleix, www.midmich.edu/security.
Mid strongly encourages anyone who observes or experiences any acts of harassment, discrimination, inequitable treatment, or sexual misconduct to report the incident and seek assistance from the College’s Title IX/Civil Rights Coordinator as follows:
Martricia (Tricia) Farrell, Director of College Compliance & Ethics, Title IX/Civil Rights Coordinator; 1375 S. Clare Ave., Harrison, MI 48625, Office: Business Services & Payroll, Room 205; 2600 S. Summerton Rd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858. Office: Center for Liberal Arts & Business, Room 168C (located inside Library and Learning Services) ; (989) 386-6622 x394; firstname.lastname@example.org