An informational interview is a brief meeting with someone in a profession or an organization you want to explore. They can be extremely valuable!
Note: An informational interview is NOT an interview in which you seek a job.
An Informational Interview Allows You to do the Following
- Explore a specific industry, field, organization and/or position. Assess whether it's a good fit for your skills, personality, and career goals.
- If you already know the field or organization is a good fit for you, do an informational interview to network and gather more information about that field/organization.
- Observe and get a feel for different work environments.
- Connect with professionals who may have tips about future job or internship opportunities.
- Develop the social skills you'll need in professional interactions.
Contact Career Services to help you set up and prepare for informational interviews.