Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) are in high demand, and that demand continues to grow faster than most occupations. Our students gain meaningful employment shortly after graduation.
- Area of Interest
- Health Sciences
- Pathway Result
- Associate in Applied Science
- Total Credits
- 75 credits
- Additional Resources
- Program WebsiteProgram Guidesheet
- What's a Pathway?
- This guided pathway represents one recommended way for you to complete this program. Each program of study offered at Mid is mapped out to help you stay on track and prepare you for your future. Specific courses were selected to align with the learning outcomes of this program.
- What can be customized?
- Pathways can be customized to meet your specific needs. Courses designated by a lock symbol represent a graduation requirement for this program of study that cannot be changed. We strongly encourage you meet with an Academic Advisor to create a personalized plan. Make an advising appointment today at (989) 386-6626 or email@example.com.
- Special Notes
At least 15 of these credit hours must be taken at Mid Michigan College.
A minimum of 75 credits is required to complete this program.
PTA Course Notes
Admission to the PTA Program is required before taking all PTA Courses with the exception of PTA.101 which is a prerequisite course.
Students must pass each PTA didactic (lecture and laboratory) course with a minimum grade of “B-” (2.7). Students must pass each PTA clinical education course (PTA.140 & PTA.240). PTA.140 & PTA.240 courses will be pass/fail; no grade will be given. Each course may be repeated only once.
PTA Program of Study Notes
Students must finish their Associate Degree in Applied Science requirements before receiving their Physical Therapist Assistant Certificate.
The Associate in Applied Science Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant Program is accredited through CAPTE - Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; 703-706-3245; firstname.lastname@example.org; visit CAPTE at www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 989-317-4609 or email email@example.com. Accreditation for this program has been granted until 2024.
Semester 1 18 credits
Semester 2: Fall 11.5 credits
Semester 3: Winter 14 credits
Semester 4: Fall 13.5 credits
Semester 5: Winter 18 credits
- PTA.210 Clinical Forum3 credits
- PTA.240 Clinic II12 credits
- SSC.200 The Social Sciences & Contemporary America3 credits