Criminal Justice - Pre-Service
- Area of Interest
- Human Services
- Pathway Result
- Associate in Applied Science
- Total Credits
- 64 credits
- What's a Pathway?
- This guided pathway represents one recommended way for you to complete this program. Each program of study offered at Mid is mapped out to help you stay on track and prepare you for your future. Specific courses were selected to align with the learning outcomes of this program.
- What can be customized?
Pathways can be customized to meet your specific needs. Courses designated by a lock symbol represent a graduation requirement for this program of study that cannot be changed. We encourage you meet with an Academic Advisor to create a personalized plan. Make an advising appointment today at (989) 386-6626 or email@example.com.
Already have an @midmich.edu account? You can create your own personalized plan based on this pathway. Customize your plan to graduate earlier with summer classes, include any transfer requirements, or match your placement results. Then, request a review from one of our academic advisors. Create plan now
- Special Notes
At least 15 of these credit hours must be taken at Mid Michigan College.
All coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of "C".
Prior to entering one of the three (3) Criminal Justice Programs: Pre-Service, Transfer, or Corrections. Students must meet with an Advisor and or Program Coordinator to assure that the student meets the minimum standards set by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards "MCOLES" or the Michigan Department of Corrections.
Semester 1 15 credits
Semester 2 18 credits
- CJS.201 Criminal Law for Police Officers3 credits
- CJS.202 Juvenile Law and Procedures3 credits
- CJS.206 Police Patrol Operations3 credits
- HUM.200 Modernity and Culture3 credits
- SCI.200 Science, Technology, & Society3 credits
- SSC.200 The Social Sciences & Contemporary America3 credits
Semester 3 15 credits
Semester 4 16 credits
- CJS.215 Police Academy16 credits