Business Studies Transfer
This degree transfers easily to several 4-year colleges and universities allowing you to start your path at Mid and continue on to finish your bachelor's degree.
- Area of Interest
- Business & Technology
- Pathway Result
- Associate in Arts
- Total Credits
- 63 credits
- Additional Resources
- Program WebsiteProgram Guidesheet
- What's a Pathway?
- This guided pathway represents one recommended way for you to complete this program. Each program of study offered at Mid is mapped out to help you stay on track and prepare you for your future. Specific courses were selected to align with the learning outcomes of this program.
- What can be customized?
- Pathways can be customized to meet your specific needs. Courses designated by a lock symbol represent a graduation requirement for this program of study that cannot be changed. We strongly encourage you meet with an Academic Advisor to create a personalized plan. Make an advising appointment today at (989) 386-6626 or email@example.com.
- Special Notes
At least 15 of these credit hours must be taken at Mid Michigan College.
Students completing transfer degrees are required to complete the following:
Natural Science: Two courses from the MTA list below, each from a different subject area.
Social Science: Two courses from the MTA list below, each from a different subject area.
Humanities: Two courses from the MTA list below, each from a different subject area.
Many Michigan four-year colleges and universities are part of the Michigan Transfer Agreement. The Agreement requires completion of 30 credit hours of course work in general education areas. If a student has successfully completed the appropriate coursework, that student's transcript will be marked (MTA Satisfied). Participating four year colleges and universities will accept that as completion of 30 credits toward their general education requirements. (NOTE: Not all four year colleges and universities participate in MTA. Students intending to transfer should contact their intended transfer institution.) The MTA requires that colleges list coursework which is applicable. The following are Mid Michigan College's Designated MTA courses (by MTA area)
Designated MTA courses -- each course must be completed with a minimum grade of C
English Composition - ENG.111
Natural Science - Two of the following, each from a different subject area BIO.100, BIO.101, BIO.111, BIO.112, BIO.131, BIO.135, BIO.141, BIO.142, BIO.201, BIO.203, BIO.210, BIO.245, CHM.105, CHM.106, CHM.111, CHM.112, CHM.241, CHM.242, GEL.101, GEL.112, PHY.105, PHY.211, PSC.101, PSC.102, SCI.200. At least one must be a laboratory science.
Social Science - Two of the following, each from a different subject area ANT.170, ECO.110, ECO.201, ECO.202 GEG.121, HIS.211, HIS.212, HIS.223, POL.201, POL.250, PSY.101, PSY.103, PSY.205, PSY.212, PSY.240, PSY.285, SOC.101, SOC.200, SOC.202, SOC.220, SOC.250, SOC.289, SSC.111, SSC.200
Humanities - Two of the following, each from a different subject area ENG.112, ENG.201, ENG.202, ENG.205, ENG.206, ENG.213, ENG.289, FRN.101, FRN.102, GER.101, GER.102, HIS.101, HIS.102, HUM.101, HUM.102, HUM.183, HUM.200, HUM.205, HUM.210, HUM.225, HUM.253, MUS.275, PHL.201, PHL.205, PHL.210, PHL.220, PHL.250, REL.111, REL.200, REL.225, REL.250, SPN.101, SPN.102, SPN.201, TAI.275
If necessary, additional Designated MTA courses to total or exceed 30 credit hours.
Semester 1 16 credits
Semester 2 16 credits
Semester 3 15 credits
Semester 4 16 credits
- ACC.211 Managerial Accounting4 credits
- BUS.250 Entrepreneurial Management3 credits
- MUS.275 Music Appreciation3 credits
- PSY.101 Introduction to General Psychology3 credits
- SCI.200 Science, Technology, & Society3 credits