FOCUS 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for use by college students.
It will enable you to self-assess your career relevant personal qualities and explore career fields and major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Students who use FOCUS 2 make better decisions about their goals and plans and learn how to self-manage their careers.
Use FOCUS 2 to help you choose or change your program of study and also to verify your preferences or early choice of a career field.
Use Focus 2 to:
- Assess your career planning readiness, work interests, values, skills, personality type and leisure time interests.
- Broaden your career options and discover occupations matching your personal preferences and attributes.
- Decide which career fields, majors, and training programs are best for you.
- Plan the career and educational pathways that will support your goals and personal needs.
After completion of your Focus 2 assessment, please make an appointment with your Career Coordinator to review the results.
- College Navigator - Find colleges and universities that offer your program or major.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Wages, Training info, and Job Outlook.
- O*NET OnLine - Match your interests and skills with career clusters or research jobs.
- Michigan Jobs & Career Portal - Read up on Michigan career statistics & fast growing careers.
- MyMajors.com - Majors, Related Careers, & Self-Assessment tools.