Strategic Communications only accepts projects that originate from the Help Desk. Work is prioritized weekly and adjustments are made often to make sure efforts align with organizational goals. This ensures that the work being done provides the best return on investment to the College.
STEP ONE: Job Submission
Use the Help Desk to submit a ticket under the Marketing & Communications heading. Be sure to fill in as much information as possible. Without this information, requests are delayed while necessary details are gathered. The most important guiding principle is working backwards from the date of the event or the date marketing materials are needed. We suggest a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the deadline to submit a Help Desk ticket.
STEP TWO: Contact
Our team evaluates Help Desk Tickets weekly, adds them to our prioritized workflow, and keeps you in the loop on project progress. A meeting may be necessary depending on the scope of the project to determine appropriate solutions.
STEP THREE: Design/Proofing
If applicable, clients receive a proof via email. Clients then make edits, changes, and suggestions for the final proof.
Be sure to have more than one person check all pertinent information such as dates, times, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. When working on something for long periods of time, details are easy to overlook. Other people can bring fresh perspectives and help spot mistakes.
STEP FOUR: Approval
Once a project has reached completion, clients need to confirm final approval via email. Final approval allows the designer to prepare the project for its intended output—electronic or print. We do not output any project without final approval. Final approval indicates that all materials have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate parties involved with the event or project.
- If the project will be distributed digitally, Strategic Communications will provide an accessible PDF. Clients distributing content digitally must have an alternate delivery method plan, in case a student(s) experience accessibility issues.
- If you plan to print the project yourself, Strategic Communications provides you with a PDF.
- If Strategic Communications is printing the project, you will need to provide a departmental print code.
- If the project is being printed by a vendor, allow four (4) weeks for printing and delivery. This is due to the purchasing process and the availability of vendor press time.
Quotes & Purchasing
- Print projects being printed by a vendor are quoted and purchased through Strategic Communications. Printing costs are covered by Strategic Communications or shared between departments, depending on the project. If mailing is part of the project, Strategic Communications does not cover project postage costs.
- Promotional Items can be requested in the Procurement area of the Help Desk and Strategic Communications can supply artwork, OR you can contact Strategic Communications for assistance with all aspects from item selection to artowrk and ordering.