Project Management Training
This Project Management workshop gives participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day.
Mt. Pleasant Campus
Morey Technical Education Center
Lunch is included at each session!
All four sessions required to complete the training.
In the past few decades, organizations have discovered something incredible, the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create equally amazing success.As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
Through this training, participants gain the skills to work successfully with project planning documents, needs assessments, risk management plans, and communication plans to bring results and positive outcomes to their organizations.
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas as defined by the PMI
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create key project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project