Wellness Initiative for Seniors
Class Number | CED.1042.V01
Section | 61409
Date & Time
April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11
Beaverton Activity Center | Ross Lake Room
Class DescriptionThe WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education) program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics.
Participants will learn about:
- the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
- this stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
- risk factors and behaviors to be avoided to stay healthy
- how alcohol, prescription medications, and OTC medications affect seniors differently
- how to use simple tools to feel empowered about their health and the health care they receive.
Shannon Lindquist is an Extension Educator with Michigan State University Extension and has worked out of Osceola County for the past 19 years. She facilitates health and well-being programs that include WISE - Wellness Initiative for Senior Education, Stress Less with Mindfulness, RELAX: Alternatives to Anger, Powerful Tools for Caregivers, and Managing Chronic Pain PATH.