Guitar Fundamentals I
Meets for five consecutive Tuesdays.
5:30pm - 7pm April 18, 25, May 2, 9, & 16
Harrison Campus | Poet Family Outdoor Education Center
Participants must bring their own guitar to class.
$65 per person
- Includes Contemporary Class Guitar workbook by Will Schmid
Learning guitar can be a lot of fun, and with the right lessons, you can become a talented guitar player.
In the five-week Guitar Fundamentals I class, students work on lessons for absolute beginners who are brand new to the guitar.
These entry-level guitar lessons are a great place to get started on learning the basics like how to hold a guitar, how to hold a guitar pick, how to play simple guitar chords, and how to strum the guitar. To keep things fun, you'll learn by playing simple songs!
Weekly Lesson Outline
- Week 1 | Students will learn the parts of a guitar, how to hold and tune a guitar, and how to hold and use a guitar pick.
- Week 2 | We will work on hand positions, play the easy C and G7 chords, and begin strumming with a pick.
- Week 3 | Next, we will look at musical symbols, learn notes on the first string, and play the easy G chord.
- Week 4 | Then, we will learn notes on the second string, how to use down and up picking strokes, and play the D7 chord.
- Week 5 | Finally, we play the E minor chord, learn notes on the third string, and then play a sing-along song together!
If you have some familiarity but are still at the beginner level, brushing up on the fundamentals in this class is a great refresher.