Emotional Intelligence & Building Trust in the Workplace
Date, Time, Location, & Cost
Future dates will be announced.
Mt. Pleasant Campus | Community Room
$95 per person
*16 attendee minimum.
The core of every effective business strategy acknowledges the innate need to develop trust. Building trust within a team develops efficient organizational structures, as well as engaged and retained employees. With increasingly varied demographics and complex roles in a modern work environment, cultivating a diverse mindset based on emotional intelligence presents unique opportunities to build trust within and beyond the organization through effective communication and follow-through.
- Define trust, emotional intelligence, and “emotions at work”
- Explain the necessity of trust in modern work applications
- Analyze common problem areas for trust using examples
- Describe the role of emotion in trust problems
- Evaluate models of emotional intelligence
- Utilize the framework of “Affective Events Theory” for problem-solving
- Apply knowledge to practical work scenarios
- Imagine how emotional intelligence can proactively build trust
- Identify limitations and establish contingencies
- Acknowledge areas of further research