Questions? We'd love to answer them!
Contact Stacy Carlstrom at email@example.com at (989) 386-6651.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Diseases Overview
Date & Time
Tuesday, May 12
Online via Zoom
Dementia is a term that describes a group of symptoms associated with the decline in memory and thinking skills. Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia. It is an irreversible, progressive disorder that destroys the ability to carry out the simplest tasks. In most people, symptoms first appear in their mid-60's. It is currently ranked as the sixth leading cause of death in the United States*.
Join Meghan Dahl, LMSW, Behavioral Health Therapist at MidMichigan Health as she discusses:
- Various types of dementia
- Neurobiological changes in the brain
- Stages and symptoms of Alzheimer's and other dementia diseases
- Options for testing
- Treatment and management of symptoms
- Tips for managing the holidays
*National Institute on Aging
Meghan Dahl, LMSW for MidMichigan Health