Room Reservation Policies
Inclement Weather and Event Cancellation Information
Please note that if the College is closed or delayed due to inclement weather, than all activities including events are also closed or delayed.
The responsibility for cancellation of College classes rests with the President, in consultation with members of the Inclement Weather Team. If the President is not available, then the decision rests with the Vice President of Academic Affairs. If neither the President nor the Vice President are available, the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services makes the decision. As a general rule, the Harrison and Mt. Pleasant campuses are open and classes in session except when the MOST EXTREME WEATHER conditions exist. It is each person’s responsibility, however, to exercise good judgment in regard to his/her personal safety.
- Class Cancellations are posted on Mid’s Message Alert System, on the Mid Michigan College website at www.midmich.edu and distributed over Mid’s public address system.
- When it does become necessary to cancel DAYTIME classes, every effort is made to announce the closing by 6am to the following radio and TV stations:
- WWTV TV 9 & 10 Cadillac
- WNEM TV 5 Saginaw
- TV 7 & 4 Traverse City
- WCFX FM 95.3 Mt. Pleasant
- WQBX 104.9 Alma
- WUPS 98.5 Mt. Pleasant/Houghton Lake
- In the event that EVENING classes are cancelled, every effort is made to get the announcement on our message alert system, website, public address system, and on the air by 4pm. If weather conditions worsen to a point that classes are cancelled during evening hours, the security guard on duty makes every attempt to immediately inform all students and staff that classes are cancelled and suggest that students leave campus. It is the student's responsibility to exercise good judgment in regard to his/her personal safety.
- The person making the closure decision shall immediately notify the Clare-Gladwin Regional Educational Service District (RESD) when college class cancellations affect Career Tech courses.
- Classes held on site at business or industry locations are cancelled only in the event that the business or industry in which the class is located is closed due to weather conditions.
- The closing or cancellation of classes is determined by the College, and may be different from what the K-12 school systems do. Dual enrollment classes located in area schools are cancelled if the area school is cancelled.
- Students in the Health Sciences Programs refer to their program-specific attendance policies pertaining to cancellations.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Annette (989) 386-6651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.