Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities starting soon!
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and Phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Phlebotomy | Starts July 29 | $1,400 | Harrison
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 9 | $1,400 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 17 | $1,400 | Big Rapids
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 23 | $1,400 | Bad Axe
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 30 | $1,400 | Alpena
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts August 19 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts October 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drone Piloting | Starts July 9 for Commercial Users | $1,485 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drone Piloting | Starts July 11 for Public Safety Personnel | $1,485 | Mt. Pleasant
- Welding | Starts July 29 | $1,600 | Mt. Pleasant & Harrison
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts July 8 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts July 22 | $4,200 | Big Rapids
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts August 5 | $4,200 | Bad Axe
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts August 12 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
“With topics from project management to improving your communication skills, you can continue building relevant skills for your current career or increase your employability. In the local area, employers are looking for individuals who take initiative and prepare themselves for the workplace—and Mid’s Professional Development opportunities allow you to do just that,” shared Stevens.
- Manufacturing Skills for the Shop Floor | Starts July 9 | $1,500 | Mt. Pleasant
- Supervisory Skills | Starts July 10 | $350 | Mt. Pleasant
- Mindfulness | Starts July 10 | $250 | Mt. Pleasant
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.