Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities starting soon!
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to nine weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and Phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 9 | $1,400 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 17 | $1,400 | Big Rapids
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 23 | $1,400 | Bad Axe
- Phlebotomy | Starts September 30 | $1,400 | Alpena
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts August 19 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts October 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts August 5 | $4,200 | Big Rapids
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts August 12 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL Truck Driving | Starts September 9 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- Local Detention Academy | Starts August 27 | $1,100 | Mt. Pleasant
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
“With topics from project management to improving your communication skills, you can continue building relevant skills for your current career or increase your employability. In the local area, employers are looking for individuals who take initiative and prepare themselves for the workplace—and Mid’s Professional Development opportunities allow you to do just that,” shared Stevens.
- Local Detention/Criminal Justice | Starts August 27 | $10 per hour of training | Mt. Pleasant
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.