Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities available. Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and industry-certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely paid for through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including welders, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,300
- Starts July 5 & 12, August 2, 9, & 30 | Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600
- Offered Weekly
- Phlebotomy | $1,450
- Starts September 20 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts August 9 & October 25 | Harrison
- Starts September 27 | Bad Axe
- Starts October 5 | Big Rapids
- Starts July 26 & September 20 | Alpena
- Dental Assistant | $2,300
- Starts September 14 | Gladwin
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600
- Starts July 12, August 30, & October 25 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts July 6 & September 20 | Harrison
- Welding | $1,600
- Starts July 12 | Bad Axe
- Direct Support Professional | $850
- Starts August 16 | Mt. Pleasant
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.