Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to nine weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and Phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Phlebotomy | Starts October 21 | $1,400 | Harrison
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | Starts October 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts October 7 | $4,200 | Bad Axe
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts October 14 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts November 4 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- CDL-A Truck Driving | Starts December 2 | $4,200 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drones for Commercial Users | Starts October 21 | $1,485 | Mt. Pleasant
- Drones for Public Safety Personnel | Starts October 22 | $1,485 | Mt. Pleasant
- Welding | Starts October 7 | $1,600 | Bad Axe
- Welding | Starts November 11 | $1,600 | Mt. Pleasant
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
“With topics from project management to improving your communication skills, you can continue building relevant skills for your current career or increase your employability. In the local area, employers are looking for individuals who take initiative and prepare themselves for the workplace—and Mid’s Professional Development opportunities allow you to do just that,” shared Stevens.
- Supervisory Skills | October 16 & 23 | $350 | Mt. Pleasant
- Precision Measurement | Earn certifications from SnapOn & Starrett | Mt. Pleasant
- Tape & Rule Measurement | October 11 & October 18 8am-Noon | $400
- Slide Caliper Measurement | October 25 8am-Noon | $200
- Gauge Measurement | November 1 8am-Noon | $200
- Angle Measurement | November 8 8am-Noon | $200
- Micrometer Measurement | December 6 8am-1pm | $250
- Dial Gauge Measurement | December 13 8am-1pm | $250
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6614.