Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to nine weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- CDL-A Truck Driving $4,200
- Starts April 6 | Mt. Pleasant & Big Rapids - MOISD
- Starts April 13 | Bad Axe - HISD
- Starts May 4 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts June 1 | Mt. Pleasant & Big Rapids – MOISD
- Starts June 8 | Bad Axe - HISD
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) $1,600
- Starts April 6 | Harrison
- Starts May 11 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts June 22 | Harrison
- Starts August 3 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 28 | Harrison
- Starts October 26 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy $1,400
- Starts April 6 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts May 18 | Harrison
- Starts May 26 | Big Rapids
- Starts June 15 | Bad Axe
- Starts June 22 | Mt. Pleasant & Alpena
- Starts August 3 | Harrison
- Starts September 21 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 22 | Big Rapids
- Starts September 28| Bad Axe
- Starts October 12 | Alpena
- Starts October 26 | Harrison
- Local Corrections Officer Academy $1,100
- Starts September 1 | Mt. Pleasant
- Local Corrections Officer Professional Development Modules start September 1
- Mid’s Local Corrections Officer Academy professional development modules fulfill training hour requirements mandated by the State of Michigan for Local Corrections professionals. From stress management to defensive tactics, Mid offers a wide variety of training modules and at just $10 per training hour you can complete your training on-time and under budget.
Mid’s Professional Development offerings provide an essential need in the surrounding area for individuals to broaden their skills and increase their appeal to local employers. Mid offers many different sessions and topics throughout the calendar year taught by qualified instructors who have extensive career and training experience.
“With topics from project management to improving your communication skills, you can continue building relevant skills for your current career or increase your employability. In the local area, employers are looking for individuals who take initiative and prepare themselves for the workplace—and Mid’s Professional Development opportunities allow you to do just that,” shared Stevens.
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.