Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities scheduled. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible. For the most up-to-date information visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or midmich.edu/professional-development.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $4,200
- Starts October 5 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts October 19 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts November 2 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts November 16 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts November 30 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) $1,600
- Starts October 26 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy $1,400
- Starts October 12 | Alpena
- Starts October 19 | Bad Axe
- Starts October 24 | Big Rapids
- Starts November 16 | Harrison
- Drone Piloting $395 per session
- October 26 | Intro to Drones for Commercial Use | Mt. Pleasant
- October 27 | Intro to Drones for Public Safety Personnel | Mt. Pleasant
- October 28 | Hands-On Drone Flight Training | Mt. Pleasant
- October 29 | Drone Pilot Certification Test Prep | Mt. Pleasant
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam Prep | $649
- Starts October 5 | 100% Online
- Implicit Bias: Reducing Racial Disparities through Understanding | $39
- Wednesday, October 7 | 100% Online
- Crisis Management in the Workplace | $39
- Friday, October 9 | 100% Online
- Motivational Interviewing in the Workplace | $39
- Friday, October 16 | 100% Online
- Returning to Work During A Crisis | $39
- Friday, October 20 | 100% Online
- How to Identify and Manage Trauma in the Workplace | $39
- Friday, November 6 | 100% Online
- Human Trafficking: Signs, Myths, and Trends | $39
- Friday, November 13 | $39
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6614.
For more information about Mid Michigan College’s response to the COVID-19 risk, visit midmich.edu/covid19.