Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities scheduled. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $4,200
- Starts November 2 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts November 16 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts November 30 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy $1,400
- Starts November 16 | Harrison
- Direct Support Professional $850
- Starts November 9 | Mt. Pleasant
- How to Identify and Manage Trauma in the Workplace | $39
- Friday, November 6 | $39
- Human Trafficking: Signs, Myths, and Trends | $39
- Friday, November 13 | $39
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training, midmich.edu/professional-development, or contact the Technical Education Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6614.