Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities available. Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and industry-certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely paid for through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including welders, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,300
- Starts Sept 27, Oct 4 & 25, Nov 1, 15, & 22, and Dec 20 & 27 | Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600
- Offered Weekly
- Phlebotomy | $1,450
- Starts September 20 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts October 25 | Harrison
- Starts September 27 | Bad Axe
- Starts October 5 | Big Rapids
- Starts September 20 | Alpena
- Dental Assistant | $2,300
- Starts September 14 | Gladwin
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600
- Starts October 25 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 27 | Harrison