Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training and Professional Development opportunities available.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields, and in as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and industry-certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely paid for through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
The College’s Professional Development workshops are designed to allow participants to gain new skills, increase their confidence, and discover new opportunities.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest-growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including welders, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid. “And our professional development workshops are connected to current needs in the local workforce.”
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,900 | Mt. Pleasant & Big Rapids
- Starts August 22, August 29, September 26, October 3, October 24, October 31, November 21, & November 28
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,900 | Freeland
- Offered Weekly
- Community Health Worker | $1,325 | 100% Online
- Starts October 4
- Dental Assistant | $2,300 | Multiple Locations
- Starts October 11
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600 | Harrison & Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 26 & October 10
- Phlebotomy | $1,575 | Multiple Locations
- Starts September 12, September 26, October 4, October 10, & October 24
- Youth Mental Health First Aid | $25 | Mt. Pleasant
- 8:30am-4:30pm Tuesday, August 23 Lunch Provided!