Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities available. Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and industry-certification exams.
Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely paid for through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including welders, certified nurse assistants (CNAs), and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Mental Health First Aid | $20 | Mt. Pleasant
- December 9
- Welding | $1,600 | Bad Axe
- Starts January 10
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $1,600 | Mt. Pleasant & Big Rapids
- Starts January 3, January 10, January 31, February 7, February 28, March 7, March 28, & April 4
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600 | Freeland
- Offered Weekly
- Community Health Worker | $1,325 | 100% Online
- Starts January 26 & October 4
- Dental Assistant | $2,300 | Multiple Locations
- Starts January 11, April 12, July 26, & October 11
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600 | Harrison & Mt. Pleasant
- Starts January 10, February 21, March 21, May 16, May 23, July 11, July 18, September 26, & October 10
- Phlebotomy | $1,575 | Multiple Locations
- Starts January 10, February 7, February 8, February 21, April 4, April 25, May 9, June 14, July 18, July 25, September 12, October 4, October 10, & October 24
- Drone Piloting | $395 per session | Mt. Pleasant
- Intro to Drones for Commercial Users January 6
- Intro to Drones for Public Safety Personnel January 7
- Hands-on Drone Flight Training January 10
- Drone Pilot Certification Test Prep January 11